Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hoofing It

Ankleless and all.
I would imagine I looked like Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects, the way I was walk- uh, limping my way around yesterday.
Well okay, it wasn't that bad, it just took me a while to get to where I was going.
Anyways, yesterday was doctor day, a sort of hello and goodbye see you in another six months sort of thing.
Then it was off to see the dentist person.
I thought I was in for more drilling, so I decided to have something to eat before I met my fate.
Can't eat when you can only feel half your face don't you know.
My dentist person is located just off of Waikiki so I decided to do some limping around.
Two blocks down from the dental chair is world famous Rainbow Drive In:



Located near the zoo at the end of Waikiki, Rainbow's is/was sort of the after surf staple.
Now, although still favored by the locals, it sort of has become a bit touristy.
I had my usual, the boneless chicken with gravy:



This is Hawaiian fast food.
Two scoops of rice with a side of macaroni salad and your choice of protein.
More on local lunches later.
So now I'm feeling pretty good, and I got some time to kill before the tooth excavation begins so off I go to the bike shop.
This bike shop is more of a triathlon place with Cervelos and aero bars, but they got some Felts and oh yes, Bianchis.
Mostly Super Pista Concepts.
Oh well.
They had this display going in the window for breast cancer awareness:



Seeing as how I enjoy a good set of ta-tas myself, I almost bought a set of socks.
I have to admit though, I was a bit embarrassed.
Besides, I was distracted by an outbreak of Fail, right in front of the bike shop!
Right there!



I had to look twice, just to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.
If you know what I mean.
I mean let's lock up the bike and just hook the cable over this thing where these other bikes are locked up.
Not ten yards from where I got that picture of the other Fail.
It's an epidemic.
Anyways, that bike shop is pretty cool, they got a pump outside for everyone to use:



Now that's how to protect yourself from an outbreak of Fail.
So anyways, off I go to fix my tooth when what do I find?
A lost soul:



What this dude was doing on a fire hydrant I'll never know.
It looked like it was sort of lost.
I went off to get some Starbursts and some Mentos and when I came back it was still there.
So since I didn't buy the socks, I did my good deed for the day and I got my Starbursts and collected the dude up and put him someplace where I thought it'd be happier:



Well, at least it's cooler.
In the shade.
Must have affected my karma for the dentist person didn't even drill and now I'm walking a lot better.
I should get out and hoof it around more often.
Turns out you see some pretty strange things.
Maybe.
About the hoofing it part.

No comments: