Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Final

Where did they go?
What did I do with them?
I know when I left I had them, but now they seem to be gone.
This is what I was thinking of on my ride today.
I just couldn't figure out where I left my legs.
I know I had them with me when I started out, but soon after they just disappeared!
Like poof!
Gone!
All I was left with were these two things that dangled from the seat.
No help at all.
I'm still not sure how I got home.
For one thing, I would have been very happy thank you to have just stayed at the beach.
These folks didn't help:



That aroma, so intoxicating.
The bicycle just sort of steers itself on over in that direction and I have to force myself to pass on by.
I may have to check them out, hopefully before my vacation ends.
Tomorrow is the Fourth of July parade and along the route, folks were getting ready:



Tomorrow, that grassy area next to the road will be full of folks in their beach chairs, staking out the best spots to see the parade go by.
There were some tents already out at the beach; it really isn't allowed, but there will be campers staking out their spaces for the fireworks show tomorrow night.
By morning, the park will be packed!
So off I went, legless and all, and did my usual route.
No beach burgers, but I had to stop and munch on these:



They were sort of like burgers.
Okay, not really.
I have to eat the blonde ones for I'm not supposed to eat chocolate.
I got it tough.
I came back home to find this:



More flowers!
Very cool.
I checked on the Cactus Army and found this also:



An opuntia coming up!
Hopefully nothing comes around to eat this one.
I may have to put this one in some secret training program.
Or something.
Okay, off I go to do some bicycle maintenance.
Boy, I didn't really think about it, but I got to clean and lube two bicycles now.
I guess that's a good thing.
Sort of.

2 comments:

statrixbob said...

I've always wondered about those burgers - never stopped though. I left Kailua too early to want a burger this morning though. I wanted coffee and promised myself that once I got back to Honolulu I'd have it. I got my coffee and still have my legs. I can tell they are still there because the paintball shot still stings. :-)

limom said...

Glad you still got your legs, you're going to need them soon!
Come to think about it, I think I left mine at the burger place.
I'll have to go back and check.