Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Early Edition

Boy, I got my work cut out for me.
What a mess!
Today is make some art day.
Or at least some pottery.
I've been putting this off until the last minute, and now it's the last minute.
Hopefully I can punch out twenty pieces by next Saturday, maybe another five or six on Sunday.
First I got to clean up:



I haven't been out to the gara- uh, studio for a couple of months and stuff just sort of accumulates on the work bench as it's a handy place to just put stuff.
Then it becomes of battle of rearranging said stuff because most of it is good stuff and not stuff to throw away.
Yet.
Actually, any flat place is a good place to put stuff:



Somewhere under that joiner is my wheel.
Overflow from my father's move to a new place the joiner is.
I actually have a joiner, but well I guess there's no harm in having a back up joiner.
Not that I ever use a joiner.
I think I did.
Once.
If you think I got stuff, well, it's nothing compared to the stuff my father got.
I guess I'm a mini version of him.
Actually it's not that bad, here's my other wheel:



Looking exactly how I left it four or so months ago.
Sort of a time capsule if you will.
Ah, the memories!
I think I remember how to do this.
Something about the wheel spinning and me making the clay do some funky things.
Well I only got like half an ankle right now so I don't know how much funk is in me.
I must summon the funk!
Call upon all my Jedi skills and get some pots out!
I gotta say, all this is really difficult when you're really lazy.
Then after I manage to actually make something, I gotta come inside and clear up this:



Gotta clear up the old funk to make way for the new funk.
If there's any funk at all.
Hopefully there will be.
Some funk I mean.
Maybe.
Stay tuned.

No comments: