Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Early Edition

Yesterday, I was off in Haleiwa with My Friend Kyle(MFK) sitting in at an art fair.
We left here at around seven the morning and arrived at the fair grounds at around eight thirty.
The Haleiwa Art's Festival is nice for they provide the vendor tents, all you have to bring is your table and the goods.
It's a fairly large art fair:




I'd have to guess there were more than fifty folks out there showing and selling their stuff.
No commercial items, everything must be made by the vendor, and everything is screened.
To keep out the riff raff don't you know.
Our stuff:



MFK didn't have a lot of his stuff, so he kindly asked me to help him fill the pukas on his shelves.
I like this fair, for the folks walking around were into art stuffs, and not just walking around looking for cheap deals.
Speaking of walking around, I got a chance to actually get near the water:




That's right in front of Haleiwa Beach Park, with the harbor in the background.
I didn't want to leave MFK alone manning the tent so I couldn't stray very far.
If you, the reader, have been following along at home, you remember that Haleiwa is where they hold the annual Haleiwa Metric Century ride.
I don't really hang out after the ride, it's sort of get in get out, so this was a nice chance to spend some time there:



Over yonder behind the break water is Ali'i Beach Park, home to one leg of the Triple Crown of surfing.
I was there one year way back in another life when the surf was breaking around ten to twelve feet.
Let me tell you, the beach didn't look quite so idyllic.
I was telling MFK how this side of the island is so different from Honolulu and where we live.
It's still country, as they say here, not urbanized like the rest of the island.
I had a good time, looking around at all the art, but since we were there since the morning, I was pretty glad the when it was time to leave.
Still, I had to take one more look:

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

The beach looks very nice. I love the pots and vases, they are brilliant! Great job, sir!!

Peace :)

limom said...

Thanks!
Actually the big ones are MFK's and only the small goofy ones are mine.
The pottery I mean.